ecoLife® Organic Split Pigeon Peas are authentically sourced from India, where they are commonly used in Indian curries, which are served alongside roti or chipatti and rice. They have a mild, nutty flavor and are cholesterol-free. An excellent source of dietary fiber, protein and folate.
Product of India
- Sort, rinse and drain before cooking. For added flavor, add a pinch of salt or other herbs and spices before cooking.
- Combine 1 cup Split Pigeon Peas and 3 cups water in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer (medium-low to medium), cover and cook for 30-40 minutes. Add more water if necessary to keep the Split Pigeon Peas submerged. When done, Split Pigeon Peas should be tender and soft.
- Combine 1 cup Split Pigeon Peas and 3 cups water. Never fill cooker more than half full.
- Skim off any foam or bubbles. Close cooker.
- Bring to pressure on high heat. Reduce heat to low, but keep under full pressure and cook for 10-15 minutes.