ecoLife® Organic Whole Chickpeas are authentically sourced from India, where they are especially popular in Northern regional cuisines. This versatile legume is delicious in curries, salads, hummus and traditional Indian snacks. Whole Chickpeas makes a nutritious addition to your diet with high levels of fiber and protein, vitamins, and low amounts of fat and cholesterol.
Product of India
- Sort, rinse and drain before cooking. For added flavor, add a pinch of salt or other herbs and spices before cooking (optional). To decrease cook time, soak overnight, or 6-8 hours before cooking, and reduce simmer time by half.
- Combine 1 cup Whole Chickpeas and 3 cups water in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer (medium-low to medium), cover and cook for 75-90 minutes. Add more water if necessary to keep the Whole Chickpeas submerged. When done, Whole Chickpeas should be tender and soft.
- Combine 1 cup Whole Chickpeas and 3 cups water. Never fill cooker more than half full.
- Skim off any foam or bubbles. Close cooker.
- Bring to pressure on high heat. Reduce heat to low, but keep under full pressure and cook for 20 minutes.