ecoLife® Authentic Sona Masoori is a medium-grain, white rice cultivated on family farms in India’s fertile organic fields. Grown without additives, pesticides or preservatives, it is naturally aromatic and very versatile. In South India, Sona Masoori is the rice of choice for dishes such as sweet pongal, idli, dosa, lemon rice and curd rice. Served plain, it is an excellent complement to dal, sambar, rasam and yogurt.
Product of India
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil in medium-size saucepan.
- Add 1 cup rice, cover and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook for 15-18 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Combine 1 cup rice and 2¼ cups water in a microwave-safe tray (1½ qts–2 qts).
- Cover tightly with microwave-safe lid and cook on HIGH power setting for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from microwave. CAUTION. BOWL WILL BE HOT. Fluff with fork and serve.
- Use ratio: 1 cup dry rice to 2 cups water
- Cover or close lid securely and plug in rice cooker.
- For 1 cup dry rice, cooking time will be approximately 25 to 30 minutes.