|Prep Time||60 minutes|
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion small diced
- 2 ribs celery diced
- 1 lb. baby bella mushrooms
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups ecoLife® Quick Cook Brown Rice
- 3½ cups chicken stock
- 2 Tablespoons fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage
- ⅔ cups dried cranberries soaked in hot water
- ½ cup slivered almonds toasted
- Heat olive oil and butter over medium heat. Sauté onion and celery slowly for about 10 minutes, until translucent.
- Add mushrooms and increase heat. Sauté for another 10 minutes or so until softened and caramelized. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add half of the sage and thyme. Stir in brown rice and season with salt and pepper.
- Add stock and bring to a boil. Boil for 15-20 minutes, until liquid is absorbed. Fluff rice with a fork and stir in cranberries, remaining herbs, and slivered almonds.
Share this Recipe