|Prep Time||25 Minutes|
- ¼ cup unpuffed ecoLife amaranth (about 1/2 cup puffed)
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup chia seeds toasted
- ¼ cup sesame seeds toasted
- ¼ cup flax seeds toasted
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds toasted
- ½ cup slivered almonds toasted
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup honey, barley malt syrup, brown rice syrup, or a combination
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract optional
- To puff the amaranth, heat a pot with lid until very hot. You can test the heat by adding a drop of water - the water should bead up and sputter immediately when hot enough.
- Toast 2-3 teaspoons of amaranth at a time. Amaranth should begin popping immediately.
- Cover, move the pan around and listen for the popping.
- Once the popping noise slows down, remove the pan from heat and immediately pour amaranth into a container or dish to prevent burning.
- Continue popping amaranth until you have the desired amount. Don’t rush this step by adding too much amaranth in the pan, as it won’t pop evenly and may burn.
- Then, prepare an 8x8” square baking dish by lining with plastic or parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together puffed ecoLife amaranth, shredded coconut, chia seeds, sesame seeds, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, almonds and raisins.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine almond butter and honey.
- Heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour over the amaranth mixture. Stir with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Place in the prepared 8x8” dish and press down.
- Let set about 1 hour before cutting.
Share this Recipe