- ¾ cup ecoLife Organic Amaranth
- 1¾ cups water
- 1¼ cups flour
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons GrapeOla Oil plus extra for cooking
- Combine ¾ cup amaranth with 1 ¾ cups water in a medium pot. Bring the water to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. Set aside and let cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, coconut, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and flaxseed meal. Whisk together and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the milks, cider vinegar, cooked amaranth, maple syrup, and GrapeOla oil. Whisk to combine and add to the dry ingredients. Whisk until just combined.
- In a medium pan or skillet, heat small amount of GrapeOla oil over low to medium heat. Once hot, add ¼ - ½ cup batter. Cook until the batter is bubbly on top, then flip over. Cook until the middle is cooked through, about 3 minutes. Continue until the batter is all gone.
- Serve with berries or rhubarb jam, extra coconut, and maple syrup.
Share this Recipe