- 2 quarts Non dairy milk (coconut milk beverage or almond milk)
- pinch of fine seasalt
- 3/4 cup maple sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 cup cup raisins
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- cinnamon ground to garnish
- In a medium saucepan, add rinsed and drained rice and add water just enough to cover the rice. Heat pan on medium. Once rice has reached a boil, turn heat to medium low and let water reduce for 10 minutes. Take care not to let water evaporate out completely.
- Drain any water that remains after the 10 minutes and return rice to saucepan.
- Add coconut milk, salt, and cinnamon sticks and cook on medium-low heat. Cook for 30 minutes and stir the pan every few minutes to make sure the rice does not stick.
- Add raisins and sugar, and turn the heat to low. Cook for an additional 20 minutes, stirring frequently until creamy and the liquid is mostly evaporated. (the pudding will thicken a lot as it cools, so make sure the rice mixture coats the back of a spoon nicely before removing it from the heat).
- Cool rice pudding completely and refrigerate (helps with the thickening process)
- Serve warm or cold, with ground cinnamon sprinkled on top.
Share this Recipe