- olive oil
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1 large carrot diced
- 1 onion minced
- 1 lb turkey breast ground
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups ecoLife® Quick Cook Brown Basmati Rice
- 1¾ cups water
- 1-2 heads butter lettuce washed and separated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium high. Once hot, add the celery, carrot and onion. Cook until soft and onions become translucent. About 6-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine brown rice and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and cover. Simmer 12 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- Add turkey, garlic, worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and sugar to the skillet. Stir until turkey is brown and no pink remains. About 10 minutes.
- Fold in brown rice and remove from heat. Place butter lettuce on a serving platter and spoon turkey mixture onto each leaf. Salt and pepper to taste.
Share this Recipe