- ¾ cup ecoLife® Organic Quick Cook Brown Rice
- 1¼ cups water
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup coconut oil cut into pieces
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup creamy almond butter at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- In a small saucepan with a tight fitting lid, combine rice, water, and salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 12 minutes, or until water water is absorbed. Set aside to cool.
- While the rice is cooking, line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Place the coconut oil, sugar, salt, almond milk, and unsweetened cocoa powder in a larger saucepan and heat over medium heat, making sure to stir often until the coconut oil is melted and the ingredients are well combined. Bring the mixture to a boil and allow to boil for 60 seconds, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the almond butter and vanilla extract, until fully combined. Stir in the oats and cooked rice and mix, until all of the oats and rice grains are coated and ingredients are distributed evenly. Drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheets. Allow to cool for 20-30 minutes, and serve once cookies are completely firm and set.
Share this Recipe