|Prep Time||30 minutes|
- 3½ cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1¼ cups ecoLife© Quick Cook Basmati Rice
- 4 cups of cubed pumpkin
- 1 can cooked lentils rinsed and drained
- 8 oz frozen spinach thawed and squeezed of excess moisture
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan for garnish
- Cook Brown Basmati Rice according to package instructions and set aside
- Heat vegetable stock and keep warm.
- In a large saucepan, sauté onion in olive oil for about 4 minutes. Add garlic and sauté one more minute. Add Basmati rice and continue sautéing.
- Add pumpkin and warm stock; bring to a boil. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat and simmer covered for 18 minutes. Remove the lid and scatter lentils and spinach. Season a bit more. Continue to cook for 3 minutes covered.
- Turn off the heat and allow to rest for at least 5 minutes. Garnish this healthy dish with fresh Parmesan cheese.
Share this Recipe